Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Everyone's doing it.

My sister has done it twice this week. My boyfriend watches other people do it. My friends have done it for years. My dad knows about it and my mom wants to try it.

Yes, I'm talking about blogging.


 I feel like the last kid that was invited to the party, and I don't know what the protocol is. AdSense? RSS? Reddit? It just so happens that this is usually how I feel 90% of the time in reality and is the prevalent theme of this blog.

I'm in my 20s now, but I definitely don't feel like it. Even my friends agree, they sometimes wake up and are shocked to know they are adults. Maybe they don't feel it to the extent that I do ("Oh my God, the state allows me to buy alcohol?! Who thought THAT was a good idea?"), but I know they have that same sort of sick feeling when a former classmate adds them to Facebook and they have a nice car and an apartment and they're engaged and happy and successful and "So what have you been up to?" makes them want to lie. When I was 14, I thought I would be laughing at all the girls that used to pick on me while I drove off in my BMW to my mansion--afterall, M.A.S.H. said I would be like that. Now, I'm afraid to even leave my house out of fear I might run into someone and have to explain to them that yes, I'm unemployed and yes, I live with my dad.

My hope for this blog is to maybe get a few laughs out of people while they read about my debilitating social anxiety and my late coming-of-age story. Expect to hear my hyperbolic experiences of going to the grocery store, job interviews, doing my taxes, and buying a pair of jeans that costs more than $20.

0 comments:

Post a Comment